The TICO brand name has always been associated with quality and service in the field of machine mounting materials. Our vast experience also covers the design and production of custom made elastomeric bearings for use on bridges, buildings and the railway industry. Drawing on this wide range of experience, we now offer LOADTECH a Load Bearing Technology Service with a second to none ability on rubber to metal bonding.
Much industrial equipment relies on elastomeric bearings for shock absorption, flexible movement or as a resilient load bearer. LOADTECH is a complete design, testing and production service for these bearings.
- Formulation of elastomers to provide specific mechanical properties.
- Blending of elastomers ensuring consistent quality and uniformity of performance.
- Design of moulds and tooling.
- Static and dynamic test facilities.
- Laboratory facilities for chemical, electrical and other testing.
- Design and supply of associated metal components.
- Quality assurance to BS EN ISO 9001
Rubber to Metal Bonding
- Top and bottom plates are optional and can be manufactured from mild or stainless steel, or a range of other materials depending on project specification.
- Due to its dynamic properties, the Elastomeric section is a blended natural rubber and is usually the first choice. However, other elastomers can be formulated including neoprene.
- Metallic interleaves may be required in some applications to increase load bearing capacity and reduce spread.
Straddle Carrier Suspension Ring
The Straddle Carrier Suspension Ring is an example of a LOADTECH Bearing, which has been specifically designed as a replacement for hydraulic suspension system on large container carriers.
TICO LOADTECH Bearings have been designed for a number of different impact absorption and buffering applications. A particular example are buffer rings on counter blow hammers, where they are subjected to very high impact forces.
Using our Darttec 2000kN and Mayes 1000kN hydraulic test rigs, we can assess finished components and match performance against design criteria. In addition we can test an existing component and produce a design for a LOADTECH Bearing, to give a similar or modified performance.
Typical performance criteria may include load/deflection, natural frequency and stiffness. Data capture equipment enables documentary evidence of test results in graphical or report form to be made available.
TICO LOADTECH Rubber to Metal Bearings are not sold into one specific industry, or application. In our experience they have been used in a wide range of applications and industries, such as isolation of a railway bridge from a road bridge, isolating a floating slab track in an underground rail system, load bearing of Straddle Carrier Rings, the bearing of train engine mounts, hammer buffers for steel plant manufacturers, resilient mounts for quarry hoppers, hydro-generator disc liners and many, many more.